Tuesday, April 28, 2015

When Losing is Winning and Other Fun Things


My sides hurt. The above video is a celebration of bad Gaiman story knock-offs. The stories are deliciously terrible, and even better/worse with Neil Gaiman reading them. While they are fun, they're also great lessons in tiny packages. 

But I can't leave you just with that. Well I could, but the video below is too spectacular to pass up, but it's not short. Julie Hedlund interviews John Rocco about his Caldecott Honor book, Blackout and other events in his writing/illustrating career. Such fantastic info. Grab your lunch and settle in.



7 comments:

  1. I have to admit, the stories went over my head as I've not read any Neil Gaiman (I know!) but it was still funny to watch. He seems like such an enjoyable person. And he does a great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the bad NG stories are hilarious. I loved the first one. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crow story. That was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I'm a little partial to "Ragnarok."

      Delete
  4. This was such fun! And I loved the answer "Nope" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Thanks so much for sharing, Johnell!

    ReplyDelete