Friday, February 7, 2014

Weekend Links: Lane Smith and Molly Leach, Jon Scieszka and more

Here's a fun way to start your weekend with two of the funny guys of children's lit: Lane Smith and Molly Leach talk about cover design and other good stuff and Joh Scieszka...well, he's just Jon in his very fun, adorable way.









And on a more serious tone, here's a link to The Nuts and Bolt's Guide to Writing Children's Books (by Linda Ashman) that came highly recommended. I want to check it out myself: http://www.lindaashman.com/newsletter.htm


P.S. Here's one more by Jon. Well worth the 14 minutes. He discusses boys for books and his organization, Guys Read. Anyone who wants to write for boys...it's worth the time to watch this.







13 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to come back later to watch these when I finish this edit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really like to write a book from a boy's perspective someday. I always really enjoy reading books that come from the 'other side'. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good videos...will take a gander at the book link, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were great--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always share the best links. Really enjoyed seeing how Lane and Molly work together. Thanks, Johnell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first video. I really admit their books, so it's great to hear them talk about the process. I hadn't realized they were married!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to see that. I'd never thought much about the process of designing the cover, so it was interesting to know how much planning goes into it.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing:) I love this videos:)

    ReplyDelete