Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Two Valuable Courses: How to Make Money as a Writer and CBA's Illustration Course


I'm thrilled I get to tell you about two fantastic courses coming up. First, Julie Hedlund has opened her How to Make Money as a Writer course. I'm fortunate to be in the beta course. I'm learning how to use social media to market yourself, how to market yourself off-line, and how to create the mindset of an authorpreneur. And now her course is open to everyone! Click here for the details: https://juliehedlund.leadpages.net/makemoneyasawriter/

I've also graduated from Mira Reisberg's Children's Book Academy--see my nifty graduation button? I took her course on writing picture books and so enjoyed my experience with Mira that I'm tempted to take her illustration course even though I'm not an illustrator. But for those of you who are illustrators or who would like to be, I unabashedly recommend her illustration course.

Check out her great introductory video with co-teacher Kristine Brogno, design and art director for Chronicle Books.


It's starting soon and if you register before Wednesday, you get a discounted price. I'm sorry for not posting this sooner, but I'm waist deep in work from our move and a few other unexpected things. I can't wait to share more with you about what I've learned from these two talented women. Have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. Lots of great courses! Congrats on those you finished and have fun with the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kristine's curly hair! Looks like there's lots of great things to learn from these two lovely ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Both classes have been great experiences.

      Delete
  3. I also took Julie's course and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm glad it allows the flexibility I need to have time to catch up.

      Delete
  4. I took a local course offered by the author of 80+ books (non-fiction), and it was awesome. My problem is, I sit there and think, "Yeah, I'm going to do that too...and that, and that!" And then I come home and realize I have a house to maintain, kids to take care of, and books to write. It's such a fine balance.

    Unleashing the Dreamworld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. And it's hard to know what to sometimes. I guess just setting aside a few minutes even each day to write something, anything, even a journal entry will keep the juices flowing. And then when some time eases up, you're in more practice than you would be without it. Good luck.

      Delete